1.   Lauren Peyer wrote:

I was so happy when Kambili finally laughed and smiled for the first time. It is hard to believe that a person can go without smiling all through out their life. It is very sad and sick how Eugene made his children so afraid to be happy and show any kind of emotion. I become so angry when reading about Eugene and all the torture he inflicts on his family. I still do not understand how he speaks so nicely to Kambili right before he burns her and than cries afterwards. Why do it than? Yes, I understand he received similar punishments in the missionary, but if he did not enjoy them than why does he have to inflict the same pain on his “loved” ones?
    I love how Aunt Ifeoma speaks to Eugene. She does not show any fear and speaks to him as if he was a young boy. She has to talk to him as if he were younger because he is so stubborn. I also like how she yells at him for being so disgusting about his own father’s funeral. He had no cares in the world that his father died; he only cares about religion. I think that Eugene may have a split personality because he so badly wants to be accepted by the white society and looked up to. He I hope deep down does not like who he is and that may be why he cried after hurting his family. Due to this doubling of personalities, he is keeping his family from not having any personality at all. Luckily for their stay at Aunty Ifeomas, they have some part of themselves coming out from hiding.
    I thought it was so nice how Father Amadi took such a great interest in Kambili and got her to do things that she was too afraid and or did not know how to do such as play ball. It was so nice of Amaka to give Kambili her painting, which was so unexpected. I feel that made Kambili feel much more accepted and a little bit more like she fits in. The whole time that Kambili and Jaja were visiting their aunts, I wanted them to speak up about their father. When I found out that Jaja did, I felt so relieved. I can not wait to read about what happens next.

Thursday, March 24, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Permalink
  2.   Elyssa Alpert wrote:

I feel this book describes, through many characters, the fight for ones true self against the person they feel they should be.
    this is shown in the scene when Eugene was pouring steaming hot water on her feet as punishment. Up until now Eugene’s character was very complex. He would beat and “punish” his family and simultaneously cry that he had to hurt them. Beating children and family is not an instinct reaction; it is something that must be learned. Eugene’s behavior finally starts to make sense when there is a flashback to his punishments in the missionary. To Eugene, everything he learned in the missionary was correct; the religion, the way of life, and the punishments. When one goes through life accepting everything they are taught without questioning, they can end up being someone they do not wish to be. Eugene feels he must beat his children but the tears he cries are real and show his true colors underneath it all.
    The whole novel the reader is looking through kambili’s eyes, all of her thoughts are apparent to us. However, we must remember that no one else in the novel is getting that view. Kambili seems like a shy snob girl who won’t talk to anyone beneath her, but we find that is not the case at all. Kambili’s thoughts show us how much she adores her father, but the fears are there. We learn that she is uncomfortable around her cousin, and wants to make friends in school. Everything however is covered up by the way she feels she should act, her schedule and strict rules. When father Amadi took Kambili to run and play it was a new feeling. She was able, for once, to enjoy herself without sticking to a schedule and without fear of her father temper. She in sense felt freedom. Father Amadi, unlike her own father, did anything to make her smile, something that was new for Kambili.

Friday, March 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Permalink
  3.   Jane Groysman wrote:

Out of the three books that we have read so far Purple Hibiscus was stood out in its use of imagery to describe the world around Kambili. “I imagined the trees bending during a rainy-season thunderstorm, reaching across to touch each other and turning the avenue into a dark tunnel.” (Adichie 112) This colorful language ascribes an emotional essence to Kambili’s world and her relationship to it. Chimamanda Ngozi Aichie’s use of language in Purple Hibiscus allows us to envision the world as psychosensory reflection of Kambili’s inner mind. Kambili’s perception of her surroundings differs from the way Tambu sees the world in Nervous Conditions. “They remained cloistered together in my parents’ room in the house for an hour, and this was only possible because most of the guests, living nearby and so being able to pop in at any time, had departed.” (Dangarembga 47) Tambu as a character was more analytical and guarded and the way she described her world was through observational analysis.

The sensitive language in the novel let us envision it better. We are allowed to get close to the characters, but they are presented through Kambili’s perception of them. I felt that Kambili’s relationship to Father Amadi was more romanticized because we are given it through her perception. Amaka’s attitude towards Kambili and Jaja seamed to change drastically as Kambili started speaking out. Kambili’s relationship to her father was interesting as well, she held him on a pedestal as though nothing could harm him and she often excused his actions towards her and her. Even though Kambili was abused by her father she never expressed any hatred toward instead she felt that she had to work harder to please him. I also thought it was interesting that she didn’t worry about her father being killed the way the editor, Ade Choker was killed. It was ironic that her father’s killer was her mother. It was disturbing that she put poison in his tea, the same tea he let his children sip. I felt myself sympathetic towards the mother, because of all the abuse she endured. Purple Hibiscus calls upon a lot of emotion from the reader. I often felt angry or disturbed by abuse, but towards the end of the novel I felt conflicted. Even though the abuse had stopped the situation wasn’t much better. However I felt the ending was hopeful as Kambili says, “We will take Jaja to Nsukka first, and then we’ll go to America to visit Aunty Ifeoma…We’ll plant new orange trees in Abba when we come back, and Jaja will plant purple hibiscus, too…” Leaving potential for them to attempt return to normalcy.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Permalink
  4.   Lisa Diodato wrote:

Father Amadi is an interesting character in that he is a priest, but seems to offer a different interpretation of religion than Eugene’s pastor, Father Benedict. Father Benedict. Father Amadi’s character sticks out to me because he seems to be the key character that opens up Kambili’s eyes to what is right and wrong in her own personal faith. She witnesses his way of religion and learns that his understanding of it is a kinder, gentler, more forgiving one than her father’s. He shows Kambili that her religion isn’t only about strict rules and punishment, but she is allowed to experience happiness.
    It is not surprising that Kambili would develop feelings for father Amadi because he is somewhat of a savior for her. He takes her out and opens up her eyes to the world. She experiences for the first time a happiness she has never felt before. Kambili is so utterly taken by him that the very sight of him makes her shake. She explains this feeling as “liquid fire raging inside” of her (Adichie 174). She has an innocent sweetness to her when she decides she’ll wear her cousin’s lipstick to impress him, but then rubs it off. Kambili seems aware that her feelings for the priest are wrong and we see moments of guilt when she is admiring him. When Father Amadi drops his tank top in her lap, she cannot even look down to remove it. Kambili explains that when she is with him and hears his voice she feels that she is “at home” and it’s where she has “been meant to be for a long time” (Adichie 179). At her real home under her father’s tyranny, she doesn’t know the feeling of comfort because she is constantly afraid. The feeling of relief that she has with Father Amadi makes her want to be with him all the time. It’s difficult to say whether she honestly does love him. Because of her circumstances she could be mistaking a feeling of safety for love.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Permalink
  5. “There is still so much that we do not say with our voices, that we do not turn into words” (297), when Kambili, the protagonist of Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche’s novel, Purple Hibiscus thinks this to herself, it becomes apparent that Kambili, her brother Jaja, and her mother Beatrice, still struggle to find a voice after the abuse they suffered from Eugene, Kambili father, even when he no longer serves as a physical threat to them. Throughout the novel, Kambili’s is repressed and constrained by the strict and abusive ways of her father, who instills an overwhelming amount of fear into her, Jaja, and Beatrice with his beatings and vile punishments. Yet even when Kambili’s mother has had enough of the violence and poisons her husband to death, she and her children are still very distant from one another and have a difficult time expressing their feelings to each other, but this time it is not out of fear.

Kambili illustrates the distance between her and her mother when she says, “There is so much more that Mama and I do not talk about” (297), when Kambili says this she discusses the many things she does not speak to her mother about, such as the bribes they offer to police and judges for Jaja’s freedom, the wealthy life they continue to live because of her father, as well as anonymous donations her father made that her mother and her did not know of, all of which lead me to believe they have a hard time discussing Eugene. After all, Kambili’s father would never offer bribes, and the money they have does in fact come from him, also the donations he made show a side of Eugene that Kambili, Jaja and her mother did not see often when it was just them in the privacy of their own home. Everything Kambili and her mother do not talk about involves her father in some way.

Kambili and Jaja are also unable to speak to one another about their father. This is evident when Kambili says, “There is so much that is still silent between Jaja and me. Perhaps we will talk more with time, or perhaps we will not be able to say it all, to clothe things in words, things that have long been naked” (306), here Kambili shows how Jaja and her still can’t talk about their father and it may be something they will never be able to do after having been silenced by him for so long.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Permalink
  6.   Zhen Xian Weng wrote:

I felt so bad for all the treatments that Kambili and her family had endured because of the father. It was so wrong of Eugene to beat up his family all the time. What I thought it was confusing was why is that he beats up the family but yet felt bad about it right away. He often said that he is sorry but yet he does the same thing again. When the father question Tambili about living in the same house as her grandfather and not informing him about it. He thought of it as a sin for living sleeping in the same house with a heathen. For teaching her a lesson, he poured hot water on her feet. while he is pouring the hot water onto her feet, you could tell that he is painful inside. “He was crying now, tears streaming down his face.” (194). I thought he was kind of insane for beating up his family all the time. He caused his wife to have two miscarriage, cause her son and daughter both to go in to the hospital on different occasions. When Kambili tried to protect his grandfather painting; her father kick her until she had a broken rib and suffered from internal bleeding.

It was great to see how Jaja had changed while living at his Aunty Ifeoma’s house. He started to speak up for himself by asking for the key to his room from his father even though that he knew he might not get it. I thought it was really brave of him to speak up to his father when he told he that he going to Nsukka with her sister. “We are going to Nsukka today, not tomorrow. If Kevin will not take us, we will still go. We will walk if we have to.”(P.261). This incident proved that he was in a way no longer afraid of his father.

Even thought it was really wrong for how Eugene treats the family, but I kind of felt bad for him too, he in a way was taught to be like this. He suffered same punishment while he was at the missionary. I thought that if the father didn’t beat up the family so much he would have been a great father. Even though the father was really rich but he helped out the ones in need, he made anonymous donations to his community. Even after the father was death the family still continue to live wealthy and have the money to get lawyers and bribes people in trying to get Jaja out of jail. Kambili might have suffered from all the abuses from her father but after he is gone she still misses the him and love him. “I have not told Jaja that I offer Masses for Papa every Sunday, that I want to see him in my dreams, that I want to so much I sometimes make my own dreams, when I am neither asleep nor awake” (p.306).

Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Permalink
  7.   Jeff Callan wrote:

It’s surprising how much you can hate a fictional character but the wealthy, sick, religious fanatic, tyrant Eugene is one I hate. In our quiz on Thursday, when I had only read up to page 216, I finished my answer by writing about Kambili’s unconscious desire that her father die or maybe her desire to kill him. I started to write I hope she does, but crossed it out after “I hope” because I didn’t want her to ruin any future that she might have left after living with her father. As I read on, and heard the tyrant was dead, my pumped fist was in the air. This happened again when I realized that his wife had killed him. Kambili’s amazing innocence and goodness helped me hate her father all the more. I have always thought of Cathy Ames, the innocent looking child from John Steinbeck’s “East of Eden”, as the most compelling evil figure I’ve come across in literature. Kambili is the antithesis of Cathy Ames.
    When we meet Kambili she has to pace her breathing and can’t swallow her food because of her fear of stuttering. She feels she has to suck her tongue to unfreeze it so she can speak. She speaks very little and has almost no voice. She is afraid to hold a conversation with her peers and speaks an “eye language” with her brother. This all changes after she gets away from the tyrant’s house and is exposed to her Aunt and cousins. In her Aunt’s house she observes a dinner “table where you could say anything at any time to anyone, where the air was free for you to breathe as you wished”. This change in Kambili’s voice is dramatically illustrated when Amaka asks if it was her father “who did that to you” and she replies “Yes. It was him”.
    Her strong feelings for the kind Father Amadi also help to give her voice. As the couple drives Kambili states that “I lifted my voice until it was smooth and melodious like his”. She wanted to attend Father Amadi’s Mass and “planned to sing with my voice raised”. The songs she sings with the priest “eased the dryness in my throat” and she was even able to tell him that she loves him. She tells the reader that Nsukka (the escape from the tyrant) “could free something deep inside your belly that would rise up to your throat and come out as a freedom song. As laughter”. By the end of the novel Kambili is the one talking of the future and this is something she could never have done under the monstrous behavior of her father.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Permalink
  8.   Pasquale Esposito wrote:

I think the reason why Eugene would beat and punish his family would often be a result to one’s own up-bringing. Being abusive to your family is not an instinct reaction, but it is something that must be installed and later learned usually from the child’s past. A father who beats their children and is also abusive towards his wife effects the child’s development. To me Eugene’s behavior begins to make sense. He will often get flashbacks to his punishments in the missionary schools by the white man. I don’t think he wanted to become this monster, but because of his unfortunate abuses in the missionaries and probably his resentment towards his own family for sending him there he grew up with a lot of issues. Since he is wealthy and educated Eugene puts on a role in society goes back and forth. He puts on this Christian role in public with his generous donations to community and churches and when he goes home he becomes a hypocrite to what he stands for in public and in church by his verbal and physically abuses towards his own family. He will also ridicule the people in his family who would speak the native language of Nigeria. So because he would be raised as a Euro-African due to the schools of the missionary this would also change him from when he was young and transform him into this European like white monster who oppresses his family just like the Europeans oppressed there conquered subjects in Africa.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Permalink
  9.   Jonathan Goldstein wrote:

One character trait of Eugene is his obsession and admiration for “whiteness.” Eugene claims that white people have their religious priorities straightened out as opposed to Nigerians who focus on “huge church buildings and mighty statues.” (p.104). He also insists on handling all religious matters with the English speaking Father Benedict instead of a Igbo- speaking black priest. Additionally, Eugene’s English possesses a “proper” British accent nor is he ever called by his native Igbo name. This is different from Amaka, who refuses to use a Christian name for her confirmation, arguing that English names are only used because the missionaries didn’t think Igbo names were good enough.

Eugene’s obsession with white culture compares nicely to Conrad’s obsession with “blackness,” as noted in Achebe’s “Image of Africa”

As the novel develops, we see Jaja become increasingly defiant. I believe that Aunt Ifeoma is primarily responsible for Jaja’s defiance. Proof is when she clearly directs her story about King Jaja of Opobo at him. It seems that Jaja would be much better suited to defy his father than would Kambili as Kamibili strives to appease her father in order to prevent any friction that would result in punishment. Not only does Jaja become defiant of his father, but he ultimately takes on the role as martyr when he takes responsibility for poisoning Eugene. Jaja may view his imprisonment as atonement for not standing up to his father earlier. As a result he stoically spends his time in prison emotionless, as if he knows he deserves it, but not for the reason which he was put there.

On a different note, I find irony in the fact that Papa Nnukwu prays that “the curse” be lifted from Eugene. This adds to his comment earlier about the missionaries getting to Eugene. Papa Nnukwu feels that Eugene is the misled character and requires salvation for veering of the path of his ancestors. At the same time, Eugene prays for his father’s salvation with hope that he will abandon his barbaric ways in turn for Christianity.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Permalink
  10.   Lisi Hollomon wrote:

The ending of the novel Purple Hibiscus was quite surprising. At the ending of the novel Kambili finally finds her voice, Jaja finally protected his mother the way he always thought he should have, Kambili and Jaja’s mother finally sticks up for herself. A lot of things unfold at the ending of the novel. Thanks to Aunty Ifeoma and the trips to Nsukka both Kambili and Jaja find their own voices. Father Amadi really helps Kambili find herself. We see at the ending how much of a woman she has become. Jaja taking the blame for the death of his father shows his transition from child to adult also. He had watched all the horrible things the father did to the mother and had even been victim of the father’s abuse himself. At the end he takes the blame to make up for his lack of courage, for allowing the father to treat the mother the way he did. Not only was Eugene hurting the mother, but he was killing his unborn children in the process. I think knowing the father had made the mother miscarry for the second time really made up Jaja’s mind in taking the blame for the death of his father. Enough had been enough. Jaja does time in a filthy jail, and when he told that he will be let out of the jail, he doesn’t seem enthusiastic or happy that he is going to regain his liberty. When Kambili and her mother go to visit Jaja at the prison to let him know he is going to be released, Kambili is the one to break the awkward silences. Earlier in the novel at the dinner table Kambili would be afraid to speak or address something and her mother would intervene to break the silence and to create a more comfortable atmosphere. Now Kambili was the one breaking the silence and creating a more comfortable atmosphere.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Permalink
  11.   Christine Heilmann wrote:

The ending of the novel “Purple Hibiscus” was quite surprising to me. Throughtout the entire novel I wondered when Jaja would finally protect his mother and Kambili from their father. Kambili and Jaja start to express their voices and be themselves after visiting their aunt. Aunt Ifeoma can take the credit for their new actions. They finally had relief and could speak what they wanted. Jaja even learns to speak up to his father, something he never imagined he would be brave enough to do.
    What surprised me the most was when Jaja takes the blame for the poisoning of his father; after all of the horrific abuse Jaja his mother and sister went through. I think Jaja was punishing himself for something he did not do because he felt ashamed for not standing up to his father all along. I was proud to hear that Jajas mother was the one to kill her husband. She finally stood up for herself after he killed her unborn children and abused her.
    In the beginning of the novel, Kambili is very quiet and barely has a voice. She is afraid to speak to her classmates at school because of her stuttering problem. She is insecure of herself because of her father’s abuse. She actually timed out when she can breathe and swallow her food at the dinner table. I really felt badly for Kambili during the novel. I started to get frustrated at times because I wanted them to speak up for themselves. Because of their mother Kambili and Jaja can finally breathe and speak freely. They now have a future to express themselves.
    I found it interesting that at the end of the novel Kambili says her and Jaja don’t speak about the father. After all they have been through because of him; you would think they wanted to discuss their past. To talk about all they have went through, their family life, things they have missed out on like their childhood because of him. Why he acted the way he acted toward them, their fathers past and life. Instead they are thinking only of their future without his abuse.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Permalink
  12.   Lindsay Cahn wrote:

I find that this whole book is about Kambili;s search for comfort, for her laugh. It takes her leaving her own home to find it. She finds it with her aunt and cousins in a home that is vastly different from what she was accustomed to. While at first she gets lost in that as she’s inexperienced in all that they do and in happiness itself, she eventually comes into her own at Nsukka. I think this is the biggest reason she falls for Father Amadi (besides of course, his constant flirting with her). He lets her be free. Never before did a male that she respected allow her to be free and act in the way that he acted.
    This is also why after Aunty Ifeoma leaves for America that Kambili returns to her home in Nsukka. She wanted to be comforted once more she returned to where it started fir ger, Even though Nsukka is unpolished and dirty, it sines like gold to Kambili. She thinks, “Nsukka could free something deep inside your belly that would rise up to your throat and come out as a freedom song. As laughter.” In this we can see that Nsukka creates her freedom, her laughter. To her these things are one in the same. It is there that laughing becomes second nature to her.
    When she first got there., she couldn’t help with the cooking, she fumbed and worried about her cousins looking down on her. She almost looked down on the way they lived—what with earthworms in the tub. At the close of the novel, however, Kambili finds closeness with her cousins and can correctly make dinner. When she bathes, she sings. She appreciates the smell of the sky in the rainwater she bathes in. And, she leaves the earthworms alone. She also finds that she can make her family laugh. These things may not seem like much, but it shows her growth and her freedom. Because even though she still wishes her father was still around, she has found her laughter. She has found herself.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Permalink
  13.   Jazmin Mooney wrote:

A clear anti-Catholic undertone is evident in Purple Hibiscus, manifested in the excessively religious character of Eugene, the seemingly magnanimous patriarch of the Achike family. His unwavering adherence to extensive prayer, ban of secular music, and concentration on sin and punishment reflect his upbringing in St. Gregory’s Missionary School. He has completely adopted the colonizers ways, rejecting his own Igbo culture, language and tribal traditions as pagan, godless, heathen. But the most powerful anti-Catholic aspect of the novel is the characterization of a Catholic priest as the sadistic abuser of a young Eugene while a schoolboy;

“I committed a sin against my own body once, and the good father…came in and saw me. He asked me to boil water for tea. He poured the water in a bowl and soaked my hands in it….The good father did that for my own good.” (196)

This profoundly disturbing scene accurately reveals the source of Eugene’s penchant for battering and the source of his own disturbing psychology. Thus his exposure to a perversion of Catholicism, at the hands of “the good father” results in behavior that is the antithesis of Christianity.
    Father Amadi, the newly ordained priest, represents everything Eugene and Father Benedict disapprove of. He is concerned with the preservation of the pre-colonial culture of the Igbo people to the extent that he incorporates a traditional Igbo song into the Catholic mass he celebrates at the ostentatious local church, St. Agnes. Eugene harshly criticizes Fr. Amadi because he threatens the “progress” of the Catholic colonizers and the hallowed traditions of the faith, and subsequently threatens Eugene’s status in the community of the colonizer of which he is now an integral player: “That young priest, singing in the sermon like a Godless leader of one of these Pentecostal churches…People like him bring trouble to the church.”(29) Fr. Amadi is not impressed with the extravagant altar or “iridescent saints on the floor-to-ceiling stained glass windows” of Eugene’s parish church, nor does he suggest, “…as all the other visiting priests had, that God’s presence dwelled more in St. Agnes.” By reserving his comments about the elaborate church he denies the brand of Catholicism practiced by Eugene and Fr. Benedict.
    As contradictory as it may sound, Fr. Amadi is an anti-Catholic character as well. This is reinforced by his answer to Kambili’s query regarding his reasons for becoming a priest. He does not give the conventional response, of answering a calling to service. He actually mocks that answer. His response hints at possible cultural/political reasons: “It’s a lot more complicated than that, Kambili. I had many questions growing up. The priesthood came closest to answering them.” I suspect one of his reasons was to attempt to preserve his culture and reconcile his Catholicism with this effort. It has proven catastrophic to the peoples of Africa that the Catholic missionaries who traveled to Africa in an attempt to spread their faith practiced a Eurocentric faith empowering the colonizers and devaluing native culture. They believed, apparently, that in order to be converted to Christianity they must be westernized as well. It is worth noting that the Catholic order, The Society of Jesus, (Jesuit priests,) while attempting to spread Catholicism, believed in the preservation of local customs, language and tradition. It’s possible that this is the reason they were not a significant presence in Africa until the 20th century.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Permalink
  14.   Sa-sha Warren wrote:

When i finished reading the ending of Adiche’s novel Purple Hibiscus I began thinking about the life that the characters had based on their financial and social status. Kamboli and her immediate family were of a higher status. Her family was only effected by the rebellion by choice. I say by choice because the father Eugene caused his family to be negatively impacted by the rebellion because he owned the standard and supported the editor’s decision to be the radial paper during the rebellion. During the rebellion Kambali’s family only heard about the negative impact of the rebellion from the father, other community members or from the standard. The family also saw present effects when they left their safe haven (home) and went to school and to the market. Kamballi and her brother witnessed a dead body and the treatment lower class citizens received from the soldiers. However they never experienced I tfirst hand inside their home. Aunt Ifeoma and her children experienced the harsh reality of the rebellion firsthand. When Kamballi visits her aunt as the reader we see that her family often lacks the bare necessities to survive. Ifeoma tries to hold down her family without having oil for the oven, fresh meat, gas for her car and most of all a stable and reliable job. Here we see that the people of the lower social class were heavily affected by the rebellion. I found this to be shocking because the aunt was educated had a good job.
    This novel expressed that the only class whose wealth and career is guaranteed is those of the dominant class. At the end of the novel Ifeoma and her family’s only choice of survival was to move to America. W Kamballi and her family on the other hand had the privilege to sit back and wait for the rebellion to end. I found that both the wealthy and the lower classes had to do away with some part of their culture in order to survive. Ifeoma had to leave her homeland and go to a foreign country to survive, while Eugene chose for him and his family to do away with their culture’s religion and often language. Eugene conforming caused him favor with the whites and his community which aided him in becoming the successful tycoon he became. In the end this novel this showed the desire and struggle of Nigerian citizens to survive and keep their culture while their government decides on a suitable government

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 12:13 am | Permalink
  15.   John Giunta wrote:

I know I’m going to get my head bitten off for this. But, towards the end of Purple Hibiscus, I actually began to sympathize with Eugene. Well, at least he began to become a sympathetic character.
    It’s true, he is very much so painted as an oppressive, mislead, overzealous dictator. He’s sold out his own culture for that of the imperial white man. All of this is very clear within the first few pages of the novel. And yet, some of the most important facts about Kambili’s Father’s history and life are not disclosed to us until near the end. Eugene’s violent methods of indoctrinating his family are very much the product of his own up-bringing. He suffered at the hands of white missionaries just as much as Kambili and Jaja do at his own. Of course this isn’t an excuse. Per se. But it’s hard to overwrite one’s basic programming; difficult to undo the way you were raised.
    We also learn of all the extreme pressures that push down on Eugene every daily. He IS using his great fortune to provide for his community, putting over 100 Nigerians through schooling, supplying all of his relatives with food and oil, and supporting the Church. He also runs a radical newspaper that is in direct opposition to his country’s current military dictatorship and donates money to numerous charities. This is a man with way too many responsibilities to count. When juggling so many different duties, I’m sure the last thing Eugene wants is any kind of dissension in HIS home, his one place away from all of his pressures.
    Again. I’m not making excuses for him. It was only a matter of time before he pushed one of his family to the edge. But Eugene is much more complicated than your basic abusive father archetype. In public life, he must be the calm in the eye of a storm – a cool and disciplined figure to be looked up to in a country torn apart by imperialism and civil war. It’s not exactly surprising that all of Eugene’s anxieties, anxieties relating to religion, lifestyle, and control, manifest themselves behind closed doorsm the privacy of his home.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 12:51 am | Permalink
  16.   Eldina Alibabic wrote:

After finishing up Purple Hibiscus, I was very proud of the person that Kambili, and Jaja had become, and transitioned into after standing up for their mother. They finally realized what they should’ve known all along and that was that their father was a bad influence in their life, whether they wanted to believe it or deny it, he was the one that put a lot of the abuse on Kambili’s & Jaja’s mother, and even later on when they were older, they realized that it had an effect on themselves as well. After visiting her aunt Ifeoma, both Kambili and Jaja, gain the strength that they needed all along, from the wise words of wisdom, that finally makes them realize what their father has been doing to their family all along. I started to feel bad for them because they were living in denial all along, and didn’t know which parents side to choose from which is always difficult for children, but the abuse that they had put up with was in their lives for way to long, and they knew that the only way to end this was if THEY had the control to do something, and protecting themselves and their mother was the first thing they can do. Kambili is also known as being very quite, and she doesn’t have much of a say for anything because of her fathers constant shadow that was in her life, but she finally opens up, and starts a relationship with her mother both when Jaja gets arrested for his fathers death, after his release, it is a sign of freedom that him, Kambili, and their mother can finally experiance all along. i was proud that they finally had the courage to stand up for themselves, and realize what was right and wrong. That was my favorite part to the ending of the book.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Permalink
  17.   Kelly Subjenski wrote:

The ending of Purple Hibiscus showcases just how tragic the story of Kambili and her family really is. While reading the novel, the eventual outcome is the last thing one imagines happening to the family. Kambili’s life has been virtually shattered; with Aunty Ifeoma and her cousins leaving, her father’s death at the hands of her mother, and Jaja taking the blame for their mother’s actions, there is nothing left of the life which Kambili once knew and depended on. On page 290 Kambili describes the things which she wanted to tell her brother, but could not find the words: “…there were painfully scattered bits inside me that I could never put back because the places they fit into were done.” The death of Papa had extreme effects on all of the members of the family in different ways. For Kambili, the new identity she was forming was what suffered the most. The time she spent with her Aunt and cousins had changed Kambili in ways which she did not fully comprehend herself. On pages 209 and 210 the reader sees that Kambili’s savage beating was actually a direct result of her finding her voice. As She looks at the painting of Papa- Nnukwu with Jaja she knows that their father would come up and find them, yet she does not put the painting away. When he eventually does find them, Kambili refuses to let Jaja take the blame for the painting and speaks out towards her father. In what is possibly the most intense scene of the novel, it is evident that Kambili has become conscious of the part of herself which has been dormant for her entire life. Later in the novel Kambili acknowledges her transformation after asking her Aunt a simple question, “I knew I would not have asked that before. I would have wondered about it, but I would not have asked.”(pg223) Unfortunately, Kamili’s self-awareness was tragically hindered by the death of her father and although one can still see it in the final chapter, it is stunted and not at its full potential.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Permalink
  18.   KAMILA MCFARLANE wrote:

Purple Hibiscus is a book about the difference between religion and relationship. Religion is often an outward expression of an internal confession; however that outward expression is rarely compatible with what religious people say they have in their heart.
    This is the case with Eugene in the novel. On the exterior he demonstrates a religious persona in front of his workers, the church congregation, and the teachers at the missionary school but beneath the surface he looks nothing like what he portrays or preaches. He instructs his wife and son to pray for forgiveness when he feels they have done something wrong yet nowhere in the novel is it recorded that he ever did the same—not even after he beat his wife.
    This novel is satirizing religion—a system Implemented to bring peace and order to barbaric and disorderly people in Africa. There is an underlying question that seeks to be answered throughout the novel and that is what is Love and does religion fit the description? It is not a coincidence that Kambili keeps bringing attention to the t-shirt that her mother wears that says “God is Love.” This shirt represents a major theme in the book. The novel is critiquing the idea that people often turn religion into something or things you have to do. As a result, there is a grave misconception of God, and love being the greatest commandment in the bible is turned into a religion because it is done for approval and is not genuine. Kambili already believes that “God expects perfection” from her (47). The message of Kambili’s mother’s t-shirt is that God is love and what that means is that being a religious person is not only about what you do but it is more about who you are. The novel shows how restrictive religion is but how open and free a life of godly love is.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Permalink
  19.   Liliam Mott wrote:

Although the ending of the novel in unsettling even with the promising of Jaja’s release, I want to focus on the dialogue between Aunty Ifeoma and her friend Chiaku. Some of the novels most critical statements are made within this conversation, including the interjection made by Obiora. “It is what happens when you sit back and do nothing about tyranny. Your child becomes what you cannot recognize.” Although this statement was not made with Jaja and Kambili in mind, that doesn’t mean it cannot be seen in that light. I thought about Jaja’s and Kambili’s salvation through Aunty Ifeoma. She stepped in and made sure Jaja and Kambili could experience life the way a teenager was suppose to, with laughter, games, and social settings that called for social conduct. Aunty ifeoma fostered over these young adults so that they could be recognized as such, healthy young adults who can speak even when not spoken to. She uses the help of her children and Father Amandi to accomplish such a task. She needed to save them both from their tyrannical father or they would never develop into lively, active human beings that take an interest in what they truly desire rather than whats forced-fed into them. “The educated ones leave, the ones with the potential to right the wrongs. They leave the weak behind. The tyrants continue to reign because the weak cannot resist. Do you not see that it is a cycle? Who will break that cycle? What a valid question proposed by Chiaku! I would have to some what agree with Chiaku and say that Aunty Ifeoma takes a dim view of Eugene’s need to do things the way the white missionaries do and yet she is so quick to flee to a land that, in colonialism/ imperialism terms, is not so far off from they interests of british missionaries. Aunty Ifeoma is clearly educated and has a degree but as all humans take the point of view as every man for himself, she thinks of a future in America as soon as the Nsukka becomes a place that is virtually impossible to live comfortably in. Eugene, taking into account his wealth, chose to not stand by and see his people defeated by the government and took part into broadcasting the truth and in doing this, he firmly takes a stand and chooses a side.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Permalink
  20.   Allison Gilardi wrote:

The end of the novel was certainly surprising. Even though Kambili’s mother was so oppressed and abused by her father, it was still surprising that she went as far as to kill him. It is clear that she had reached her breaking point and could not deal with it anymore. However, since Jaja takes the blame and is sent to jail for this action, it does not do anything for the family becoming stronger.

It’s difficult to feel sorry for Eugene, because in the novel it is clear how terrible and cruel of a person he is. However, its unfortunate that something so terrible had to happen to remove him from Kambili’s life. Instead of breaking the cycle of violence, Kambili’s mother seemed to add to it. Perhaps seeing so much violence for so many years, she did not know how to act in any other way. However, despite this difficult chain of events, the novel ends with some hope that Kambili will be able to go on and prosper. There is hope for Jaja as well. Kambili’s mother seems to be too damaged psychologically to ever be able to lead a normal life again, which is unfortunate.

I found this novel to be the best we read so far. It’s characters stories seem to be more compelling than the two previous. This novel seems to leave a lasting lesson of the lives of the oppressed, and the desire to be free. It also shows a lot about the intricacies between family members, and how much the attitude of one family member can impact the rest of the family.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Permalink
  21.   Margo Zhao wrote:

We finally find out why Eugene treats his family the way that he does. He beats his wife and Kambili to the point where they are mentally scared of him and that Kambili becomes mute and anti-social to everyone. But that quickly changes where as the story progresses, Kambili learns to open up. As the revelation about Eugene’s past  doomed family. Eugene’s past open up. As the revelation about Eugene’s past  doomed family. Eugene’s past that he was raised being beaten and tourtured makes the readers finally understand why Eugene is the tyrant that he appears to be. In a way, the readers sympathize with Eugene because he couldn’t be saved during his childhhod and was brainwashed to thinking that raising his kids the way he was raised was the correct and proper way. Though treating one’s wife and children is very wrong, Eugene feels as if it is the right thing to do. When he finally shows a side where he actually feels remorse and regret for beating his child, we feel bad for him even more because he finally realizes of what’s he’s doing, but it’s already too late because Jaja already moves on and separates his family, from the influence of his aunt. The torture and treatment of Eugene seems to be a negative thing to the family. But in a way, it also brings them to the fact that they should do better and escape from the values of home. Jaja learns from his aunt to be of someone greater and be independent and be strong and not be restrained by Eugene, where he does succeed along with Kambili where she does learn to finally speak up and not be weakened anymore. Eugene’s torture brings good to the child in a way and in a way, his death in my opinion, is quite saddening because he actually brought some good despite his remorse for the treatment towards his wife and kids.   

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Permalink
  22.   Aqsa Nazkani wrote:

It was amazing to see that Kambili had evolved at the end of the novel. She had shut herself into her own world at the beginning (and middle) of the novel. Her schoolmates called her a “backyard snob”. But we, as readers, see that she is not a snob at all. She has been alienated because of the rules set for her by her father. When in Nsukka, Kambili starts to open up. But this happens very slowly and only after she meets Father Amadi. And I don’t think her social skills would have improved if it were not for her aunt taking her schedule away from her. This gave her free time to see the world beyond her big, gated house. I was shocked when she had told Father Amadi that she loved him. Never would I have expected her to say something like that. We also see that even though she enjoys her newfound voice, she still struggles betweens pleasing her father and doing what she wants. There are passages where she states that she wants her father to stay and to go away at the same time. She seems conflicted but at the end of the novel we see that she has grown up so much.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Permalink
  23.   katieamarantinis wrote:

What Kambili says at the very end of page 305 into 306 sums up the whole book for me. Kambili says, “I have not told Jaja that I offer Masses for Papa every Sunday, that I want to see him in my dreams, that I want it so much sometimes I make my own dreams.” “…I realize that I cannot control even the dreams that I have made.” This book has various themes yet one of the most prominent is the theme of control. What Kambili says reflects everything that happens in the book. No matter how hard Eugene tried to control his whole family, by beating them and making them follow a particular schedule and forcing religion down their throats, he can never have total control. Even though it took a few times at Aunty Ifeoma’s to become alive with new ideas and question the way they were living their lives, it could have happened anywhere. The fact is, even though Eugene “made” his children quite literally, he cannot even control them. Kambili will still “walk” right into “sin” and so will Jaja whenever Papa isn’t around. Perhaps the more you try to control something, the more out of control things become. So much damage has been done to this family, who knows if they will ever recover. Since there have been years and years of abuse, they might need control at this point, yearn for it. Yet thankfully going to Aunty Ifeoma’s house opened all of their eyes and perhaps things may change when Jaja gets out of jail.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Permalink
  24.   Nicole Mohan wrote:

I believe Kambili does not reach any kind of resolution in her life by the end “Purple Hibiscus” because she still idolizes her father, even if it is only in her dreams. I would of liked for her to show some kind of anger towards him for his actions. However, I do believe she did “grow up” and became an individual rather than a schedule. As Kambili no longer needed to abide by her father’s schedule at her aunt’s house we saw her have more of a personality, she even fell in love, leaving her “snob” ways behind her. Kambili’s thoughts of her father did not really change throughout the novel, which is a bit disappointing. Although Eugene’s life at the missionary was one in which he saw punishment as the only way to “reward” someone for “bad” behavior he though it necessary for his children; Eugene’s tears are meant to show remorse however in public he does not show the temper he has within his private home and this makes me wonder about his feelings of resentment for punishing his family as harshly as he does. This makes us appreciate Father Amadi even more, for his kindness and understading of religion as one that can be pleasurable rather than a punitive one.
    I did appreciate the role of Jaja being the one close male relative in Kambili’s life that she can rely on. Having lived through his father’s reign Jaja was the only male in both Kambili and her mom’s lives that lived at their level, being that they were all under him. Jaja taking the fall for his mother in the poisoning of his father is admirable, but I think he was also willing to kill his father and the punishment may have seemed deserving to Jaja for himself, for having the thought.

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Permalink
  25.   Hannah Kang wrote:

It’s interesting how the character’s role is displayed through Father Amadi and Eugene towards Kambili. Father Amadi seem to rely on gracefulness and kindness. He does not punish nor degrade another’s feelings. Even though it may not say in the novel but he actually was very observant throughout the time he came over Aunty Ifeomas house. He would observe Kambili and would try to be the one to open up her feelings. Like the time when he said that Kambili was an observant one also, that she would watch and absrob what is going on at Aunty Ifeoma’s house. He claims that she seems to be taking in everything and would be the one to have the most thoughts in her mind. He is actually the one who opens up to her.
    However, for Eugene, he seems to punish and degrade his children. He already implanted fear into Kambili, although Jaja seems to just follow along Eugene’s bad moods. Kambili fears for the worst whenever she thinks that she has done something bad. Like how Kambili never wanted her father to find out that she was sleeping in the same household with a heathen- which is her grandfather. However, technically sleeping in the same house with her grandfather is not something that should be considered bad but Eugene seem to have repeated so many times not to have any interactions with her own grandfather. Eugene made it sound like visiting a heathen grandfather is something sinful and horrible. Eugene is someone feared in Kambili’s life and Father Amadi is someone she wants to look up to (although it goes further than just “looking-up” to).

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:04 am | Permalink
  26.   Stephanie McGraw wrote:

In reading Purple Hibiscus I found that the main character Kambili was a progressive and complex character. From beginning to end you can see how she changed as a person and grew into herself. Kambili really starts to transition when she visits her aunt in cousins in Nusukka. Kambili meet a priest named Father Amadi and develops a relationship with him that she never had with anybody else. In addition to gaining a friend, she also gains a relationship with her cousin Amaka. In the past Kambili and othe girls didn’t get along well because she was always so shelterd, but Amaka brought something out in her that even she herself couldn’t say what it was. At first Amaka would tease Kambili about being rich, after while they grew on each other and became really close.
    The turning point for me was when Kambili stood up to her father by not backing down when he repeatedly kick her and screamed for her to get away for the bits of torn painting. Kambili to me was rebelling against her father. Something she never dreamt about doing. This was shocking to me because she was all about pleasing him and making him proud. Kambili’s character was evolving because she was doing this that was out of her norm. He father was so stunned by her behavior that he beat her to a bloody pulp almost killing her. Ever since that instance it was like Kambili was a new person, she was more confident and open to new things.
    I was not all surprised by the ending of the book; I had a feeling in gut that Mama would kill Papa Eugene. There is only so much a person can take. He abused her and her kids and made her feel worthless at times. To him she was nothing more than a wife that had to do things his way. Moreover, Kambili says that” God works in mysterious ways”, and Jaja replies” of course he does, look what he did to his faithful servant son.” “But have you ever wondered why he had to murder his son to save us, why could he just save us.” This gave me interest because he’s right, why does God have to murder to save them from their father, why couldn’t God give their father the strength to stop abusing them.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:36 am | Permalink
  27.   Nevin wrote:

I really connected with the characters of “Purple Hibiscus”, especially the character of Kambili. The journey from adolescence to adulthood is especially prevalent through her journey and it was helped defined by the trials and tribulations she had with her father and the awkwardness she had with the rest of her family. Though the novel takes a sudden tragic twist with the death of Eugene through the hands of Beatrice, the ending has a sort of look-to-the-future vibe towards it. What I most connected with within the novel is the strong family dynamic between Kambili, Jaja, and their mother. Though Beatrice’s act of poisoning Eugene is justified yet horrible, the family still sticks up for one another as Jaja takes the blame for the murder. The do-whatever-you-can-for-family reaction from Jaja echoed strongly for me. Though family is one of the more important themes within the novel, the transition from childhood into adulthood is still the most important feature within the novel. The characters of Kambili and Jaja were shy and quite introverted, the reader is able to see their progression as they were able to come out of their shells. This coming-of-age story was quite effective at showing a strong religious tone within the family structure and how it’s not always what it seems as evidenced with the character of Eugene. Each character are both distinct and flawed and makes “Purple Hibiscus” an enjoyable read.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Permalink
  28.   psoriasis wrote:

Estoy con psoriasis desde hace 2 años y probado variedad de tratamientos sin apenas acierto

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Permalink
  29.   psoriasis wrote:

At this time it looks like Expression Engine is
    the preferred blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on
    your blog?

Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 1:38 am | Permalink
  30.   Referencement - wrote:

Referencement – Referencement Google – Referencement
    Gratuit – Referencement Naturel – Referencement Site
    – Referencement Internet – Agence Referencement – Referencement Site Internet – Referencement Google Gratuit – Referencer
    Son Site – Referencement Web – Google Referencement –
    Agence De Referencement – Annuaire Referencement – Referencement Site Web –
    Referencement Gratuit Sans Lien Retour – Logiciel Referencement – Logiciel De Referencement
    – Referencer Son Site Sur Google – Referencement Gratuit Google – Referencement Sur Google –
    Referencement Seo – Referencement Payant – Referencement
    Naturel Google – Referencement Automatique
    – Formation Referencement – Curul Referencement – Consultant Referencement – Expert Referencement – Referencement Gratuit
    Automatique – Referencement Newsgroup – Annuaire
    Referencement Gratuit – Referencement Annuaire – Referencement Site Google –
    Referencement Lyon – Audit Referencement – Annuaire De Referencement – Referencement De Site – Seo Referencement – Referencer Un
    Site – Specialiste Referencement – Referencement Automatique Gratuit – Devis Referencement – Referencement Site
    Gratuit – Referencement De Site Web – Referencement De
    Sites Internet – Referencement Marseille – Referencement Professionnel – Referencement
    WordPress – Referencement Blog – Outils Referencement – Referencement
    Lille – Referencement Sites Internet – Referencement Manuel – Referencement De Site Internet – Referencement Prestashop – Referencement Annecy – Referencement Pas Cher
    – Agence Referencement Naturel – Consultant En Referencement – Referencement Internet Google –
    Referencer Site – Referencement Sites – Referencement
    Maroc – Referencement Bing – Referencement Automatique Gratuit Sans
    Lien De Retour – Referencement Positionnement – Referencer
    Mon Site Sur Google – Referencer Un Site Sur Google –
    Blog Referencement – Referencement Paris – Referencement Sites Web – Referencement Site Sur Google – Referencement Grenoble – Societe Referencement – Referencement Des Sites – Referencement
    E-Commerce – Referencement Nice – Referencement Site Google
    Gratuit – Referencement Internet Gratuit – Referencement 74 – Referencement Site Web Google – Referencer
    Un Site Web – Referencements – Outil Referencement
    – Logiciel Referencement Google – Site De Referencement Gratuit – Referencement Site Web Gratuit –
    Referencement Google Site – Referencement De Sites
    – Test Referencement – Societe De Referencement – Agence Referencement
    Lyon – Referencement You Porn – Referencement Video – Referencement Immobilier – Referencer Mon Site – Formation
    Referencement Google – Forum Referencement – Logiciel Referencement Site – Logiciel Referencement Gratuit – Referencer Site Google – Comment Faire Referencement Naturel – WordPress Referencement – Referencement Montpellier – Outil De Referencement Gratuit –
    Logiciel De Referencement Automatique Gratuit – Referencement Toulouse – Experts Referencement – Referencer Site Gratuit – Referencement Site
    Gratuitement – Referencer Son Site Google – Annuaires Referencement – Referencement Bordeaux
    – Referencement De Mon Site – Referencement Auto – Referencement Automatique
    Google – Indexation Referencement – Referencement
    Automatique Annuaires – Logiciel De Referencement Gratuit – Site Referencement – Agence Referencement Paris – Service Referencement –
    Referencement Youporn Like – Referencement Adwords – Formation Referencement Naturel – Referencement Pro – Referencement Joomla – Referencement Haute
    Savoie – Logiciel Referencement Automatique – Referencement Internet Marseille – Tarif Referencement – Consultant Referencement Naturel – Agence Referencement Marseille – Referencer Sur Google
    – Referencement International – Logiciel Gratuit Referencement – Referencement Web
    Gratuit – Referencement Local – Referencement Gratuit Moteur De Recherche – Logiciel Referencement Professionnel – Service De Referencement Automatique – 1-Referencement – Logiciel Referencement Site Web –
    Prestataire Referencement – Referencement Payant Google – Referencement
    Site Internet Marseille – Referencement Annuaire Gratuit – Conseil Referencement
    – Referencement Gratuite – Referencer Annuaire – Annuaire Referencement Automatique – Referencement Automatique Moteurs – Referencer Son
    Blog – Referencement Site Immobilier – Suivi Referencement – Agence De Referencement Paris – Prix Referencement
    – Referencer Site Web – Analyse Referencement – Internet Referencement – Referencer Google
    – Referencement Youtube – Optimiser Referencement – Expert En Referencement – Referencer Son Site Gratuitement – Pack
    Referencement – Referencement N – Referencement Google Map – Site
    Internet Referencement – Referencement Nantes – Referencement Moteur De Recherche – Referencement Annuaires
    – Referencer Site Sur Google – Societe Referencement Internet – Comment Referencer Son Site – Site De Referencement – Referencement Naturel Marseille –
    Referencement Google Prix – Referencement Site E-Commerce – Devis Referencement Naturel –
    Net Referencement – Agence Referencement Lille – Comment Referencer Un Site – Referencement
    Commerce – Devis Referencement Site – Optimisation Referencement – Referencement
    France – Referencer Son Site Web – Google Referencement Site – Referencement Sur Mesure – Referencement D Un
    Site – Solution Referencement – Referencement Organique – Referencement Magento – Formation Referencement Paris – Referencer
    Site Internet – Guide Referencement – Referencement
    Tunisie – Referencement Efficace – Cout Referencement Google – Referencement Google Maps – Referencement Flash –
    Referencement Boutique – Referencement Google
    Adwords – Web Referencement – Referencement Alsace – Referencement Gratuit Annuaire – Agence Referencement Web – Site Referencement Newsgroup – Bien Referencer Son Site – Google Referencer Site – Referencement Site Web Marseille –
    Audit De Referencement – Referencement Rennes
    – Referencement Entreprise – Referencement Naturel Lyon
    – Se Referencer Sur Google – Referencement Site Internet Google – Referencement
    Site Joomla – Referencement Site Pro – Referencement Naturel Site Internet – Annuaire De
    Referencement Gratuit – Referencer Son Site Internet
    – Referencement Strasbourg – Ameliorer Referencement – Referencement
    Progressif – Formation Referencement Internet – Creation Site Internet Referencement – Agence Referencement Bordeaux – Referencement Mobile – Strategie Referencement – Referencement Hotel –
    Aide Referencement – Conseil En Referencement – Referencement Manuel Gratuit –
    Referencement Garanti – Referencement Naturel Gratuit – Meilleur Referencement – Formation Referencement
    Marseille – Comment Referencement Google – Referencement Formation –
    Newsgroup Referencement – Referencement Logiciel – Referencer Mon Site Gratuitement – Webmarketing Et
    Referencement – Audit Referencement Gratuit – Tarifs Referencement –
    Outil De Referencement – Position Referencement – Referencement Facile – Referencement Astuces – Referencement Naturel Seo
    – Referencement Site Flash – Prestashop Referencement – Referencement Rapide – Annuaire
    De Referencement Gratuit Sans Lien De Retour – Suivi De Referencement
    – Tarif Referencement Naturel – Referencement Du Pro – Consultant En Referencement Naturel –
    Referencement Google Payant – Test Referencement
    Site – Agence De Referencement Lyon – Technique Referencement – Referencement Mots Cles – Referencer Un Site Internet – Tarifs Referencement Positionnement
    – Referencement Site Marchand – Referencer Blog – Cout
    Referencement – Referencement Boutique En Ligne – Referencement En Anglais – Referencement Naturelle
    – Annuaire Gratuit Referencement – Test De Referencement – Test Referencement Google – Agence Referencement
    Seo – Referencement Durable – Joomla Referencement – Agence Referencement Site Internet – Referencement Site Professionnel – Referencement 1ere Page
    Google – Formation Referencement Lyon – Referencement Tarif
    – Referencement Web Niort – Referencement Site Internet Gratuit – Conseils Referencement – Positionnement Referencement – Comment Referencer
    Son Site Sur Google – Prix Referencement Google – Comment Bien Referencer Son
    Site – Bing Referencement – Optimiser Son Referencement – Site De Referencement Newsgroup – Referencer Un Blog – Referencement Pme – Prix Referencement
    Internet – Tuto Referencement – Referencement Newsgroup Francais – Referencement Publicitaire – Partenaire
    Referencement – Referencement Web Poitou Charentes – Formation
    Au Referencement – Meilleur Annuaire Referencement – Referencement Blog Gratuit – Meta Referencement
    – Referencement Europe – Referencement Nord – Audit Referencement Naturel – Referencement Devis
    – Referencement Professionnel Manuel – Referencement Sur Bing – Site Web
    Referencement – WordPress Referencement Google – Referencement Multilingue – Seo
    Referencement Naturel – Referencement OVH – Formation Referencement Web
    – Referencement Site Internet Sur Google – Referencement Gratuit Automatique Sans Lien De
    Retour – Referencement Campagne Adwords – Expert Referencement Naturel – Societe De Referencement Naturel – Logiciel Suivi Referencement – Augmenter Son Referencement – Optimisation Referencement
    Site – Referencement Sem – Tutoriel Referencement – Centrale De Referencement – Visibilite
    Referencement – Tarif Referencement Google – Referencement Naturel Paris – Formations Referencement – Emploi Referencement – Site Referencement Google – Referencer Votre Site – Referencement Moteur Recherche – Offre Referencement – Tuto Referencement
    Google – Referencement Premiere Page Google – Referencement Naturel Site – Definition Referencement – Professionnel Referencement – Formation Referencement Site – Conseil Referencement Naturel
    – Position Referencement Google – Referencement Blog WordPress – Ameliorer Son
    Referencement – Referencement Restaurant – Coaching Referencement – Referencement
    Site Internet Paris – Referencement Gratuit Sans Lien – Referencement Optimisation –
    Astuce Referencement – Referencement Dijon – Referencement
    Drupal – Referencement Francophone – Referencement Page – Referencement Entreprise Gratuit – Sites Referencement
    – Agence Referencement Montpellier – Annuaire De Referencement De Site
    Gratuit – Referencement Site Maroc – Formation Referencement Naturel Paris – Outil Suivi Referencement – Referencement Outils – Etre Referencer Sur Google – Referencement Net – Tarif Referencement Site Internet – Formation Referencement Site Internet – Referencement Gratuit
    Sans Pub – Referencement Netlinking – Referencement Adulte – Referencement Yahoo Gratuit – Formation
    En Referencement – Veille Referencement – Referencement Free – Offre De Referencement – Referencement De Site Gratuit
    – Agence Referencement Tunisie – Tester Referencement
    – Societe De Referencement Internet – Referencement Html – Referencement
    Google Tarif – Referencement Tourisme – Bon Referencement – Referencement Gratuit Site Internet – Dmoz
    Referencement – Referencement Blogger – Annuaire Referencement Site – Referencement Chambery – Referencement
    Bing Gratuit – Referencement D Un Site Internet – Referencement Site Web Sur Google – Logiciel De Referencement Automatique – Se Referencer – Positionnement
    Referencement Google – Specialiste Referencement Naturel –
    Devis Referencement Google – Strategie De Referencement – Optimisation
    Referencement Google – Blog Referencement Naturel – Referencement TPE – Referencement Gratuit Sans Lien
    Retour Automatique – Freelance Referencement – Outils De Referencement – Referencement Prix – Referencer Un Site Google
    – Referencement Gratuit Moteurs De Recherche – Referencement Newsgroups – Webmaster Referencement – Referencer Mon Blog – Referencement Anglais – Referencer Dans Les Moteurs
    – Referencement Suisse – Agence Referencement Toulouse –
    Audit Gratuit Referencement – Marketing Referencement – Bien Referencer Son Site Gratuitement – Referencement Sans
    Lien Retour Gratuit – Campagne Referencement – Referencement Madagascar – Referencement Sur
    Le Web – Annuaires De Referencement Gratuit – Sites De Referencement – Prestation
    Referencement – Referencement Definition – Centrale Referencement – Referencement Google Gratuit Site – Referencement Internet Professionnel – Livre Referencement – Referencement Discount
    – Referencement Moteurs Recherche – Comment Referencer Un Site Sur Google – Referencement Camping – Referencement Niort – Referencement Belgique – Referencer Son
    Site Sur Google Gratuitement – Analyse Site Referencement
    – Google Site Referencement – Free Referencement – Referencement Manuel
    Google – Expert En Referencement Naturel – Referencement Gratuit Internet – Referencement Naturel Web – Referencement Site Porno – Societe Referencement Google – Entreprise Referencement – Mot Cle Referencement –
    Referencer Son Site Dans Google – Referencement Au Resultat – Referencement Nimes – Referencement D Un Site Web – Devis De Referencement – Referencement Blogs – Referencement Blog
    Google – Un Bon Referencement – Referencement Internet Lyon
    – Outil Referencement Google – Faire Referencer Son Site – Referencer Site Joomla – Contrat De Referencement – Optimiser Referencement Naturel – Referencement Freelance – Specialiste Du
    Referencement Naturel – Comparatif Referencement – Hebergement Et Referencement – Referencement
    Et Positionnement – Referencement Fournisseur – Referencement
    Moteurs – Affiliation Referencement – Devis Referencement Site Web – Logiciel Referencement Naturel
    – Referencement Web 2.0 – Se Referencer Sur Google Map – Referencement Meta – Referencement Mot Cle – Agence Referencement Nantes
    – Web Marketing Referencement – Referencer Site Web Google – Solutions Referencement – Ou Referencer Son Site – Top Referencement –
    Supprimer Referencement Google – Referencement Gratuit Blog
    – Stage Referencement – Technique De Referencement – Expertise Referencement
    – OVH Referencement – Referencement Webmaster – Referencement Web Acappella – Referencement
    Geneve – Referencement Commercial – Referencement PDF – Referencement Moteurs De Recherche – Top Annuaire Referencement – Referencement Webradio –
    Campagne Referencement Naturel – Tester Referencement Site – Referencement Restaurant Gratuit – Referencement Referencement – Referencement Voila – Referencement De Site Sur Google – Referencement Algerie – Referencement Chez Google – Astuces Referencement
    – Annuaires De Referencement – Referencement Marketing –
    Packs Referencement – Referencement Allopass – Audit Conseil Referencement
    – Referencement Premiere Page – Reussir Son Referencement Web – Referencer Gratuit
    – Referencement Nom De Domaine – Reussir
    Son Referencement – Referencement Annuaire Gratuit
    Automatique – Referencement Dmoz – Referencement Site Internet France – Referencement Naturel Tunisie – Referencement Reseaux Sociaux – Referencement Gratuit Google Site – Referencement Pour Les Nuls – Referencement Gratuits
    – Comment Referencer Son Site Internet – Google Map
    Referencement – Referencement Google Image – Referencement Analyse – Faire Referencer Son Site Internet – Formation En Referencement Web – Referencement Professionel – Referencement Url – Comment Etre Bien Referencer Sur Google – Referencement MSN – Cours Referencement – Augmenter
    Referencement – Meilleur Referencement Google – Referencement Ethique
    – Techniques De Referencement – Referencement Payant Adwords – Referencement Googl – Solution De Referencement – Outil Referencement Naturel – Referencement Luxembourg – Referencer Web – Referencement Google
    Maps Gratuit – Comment Etre Referencer Sur Google – Liste Annuaire Referencement
    – Se Faire Referencer – Referencer Son Restaurant – RSS Referencement – Service De Referencement
    – Referencement Test – Referencer Un Site Gratuitement – Referencement Web Tuto – Referencement Google Site
    Internet – Annuaires Referencement Gratuit Sans Lien Retour – Comment Referencer Un Site Internet – Position Google
    Referencement – Logiciel Referencement Mac – Adwords Referencement Naturel – Referencement Offshore – Referencer Gratuitement Son Site
    – Gold Referencement – Comment Referencer Son
    Site Gratuitement – Referencement Produit – Tarifs Referencement Web – Referencement Radio – Referencement Sur
    Google Map – Referencement Moteur – Referencement Blogspot – Specialiste Du Referencement – Test Referencement Site Web – Referencement Pas Chere – Referencement De Blog –
    Referencement Google Sitemap – Referencement Sans Lien De Retour –
    Annuaire Referencement Naturel – Referencement Site Gratuit Google – Annuaire Referencement Gratuit Automatique Sans Lien Retour – Referencement Naturel Et
    Payant – Referencement Web Maroc – Referencement Et Positionnement Internet – Referencement Efficace Gratuit – Referencement Web Formation – Site De
    Referencement Gratuit Sans Lien De Retour – Agence De Referencement Montpellier – Referencement Site Gratuit Sans Lien Retour
    – Referencement Twitter – Referencement Naturel Definition – Comment Se Referencer Sur
    Google Gratuitement – Meilleur Referencement Gratuit –
    Test De Referencement Et Positionnement De Site Internet – Plateforme
    Referencement – Annuaire Referencement Automatique Gratuit –
    Comment Referencer Mon Site Sur Google – Formation En
    Referencement Internet – Outil De Referencement Google – Referencement Des You Porn
    Like – Referencement Auto Entrepreneur

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 10:59 am | Permalink
  31.   iTunes Gift card wrote:

Great post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on
    this topic? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 11:27 pm | Permalink
  32.   Johnk775 wrote:

whoah this blog is fantastic i really like studying your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You understand, many individuals are looking around for this info, you could aid them greatly. ccafddeddbeb

Monday, May 26, 2014 at 10:37 pm | Permalink
  33.   strikes bowling wrote:

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.

I as well am ann aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything.

Do you have any tips and hints for inexperiencd blog writers?
    I’d definitely appreciate it.

Friday, June 27, 2014 at 3:38 am | Permalink
  34.   Noel wrote:

Undeniably consider that that you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the
    web the simplest thing to take note of. I say to
    you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as other folks think about
    worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed
    to hit the nail upon the highest and also outlined out the whole thing without having side effect ,
    other folks can take a signal. Will likely be
    again to get more. Thanks

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 11:43 pm | Permalink
  35.   allmax Nutrition wrote:

Thanks for finally talking about >global literatures spring 2011
    › WEEK 8 <Liked it!

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

22 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. diet for body building on Friday, August 8, 2014 at 11:42 pm

diet for body building

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

2. bity na sprzedaż on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 8:51 am

JS Familia Rap

Najlepsze bity w Polsce

3. film Telechargement gratuit on Monday, September 7, 2015 at 12:36 pm

film Telechargement gratuit

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

4. internet on Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 1:53 am

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

5. Nous utilisons stratégie et expérience utilisateurs pour générer des résultats

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

6. on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 9:46 am

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

7. on Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 8:09 pm

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

8. lego gundam toys on Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 8:12 pm

lego gundam toys

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

9. investir nom de domaine on Monday, November 16, 2015 at 11:39 am

investir nom de domaine

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

10. Stanozolol on Monday, December 7, 2015 at 4:15 pm

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

11. Videography Boston, videography Waltham, wedding video services, the knot, wedding vows, wedding video tutorial, wedding filming, wedding filming prices, wedding filming packages, wedding invitations, wedding rings, weddingwire, Wedding publications,…

“[…]global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8[…]”

12. denver seo experts on Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 9:52 am

denver seo experts

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

13. mouse click the up coming post on Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 10:24 am

mouse click the up coming post

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

14. Smoke Shop Online on Saturday, April 23, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Smoke Shop Online

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

15. seo tallahassee on Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 6:28 am

seo tallahassee

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

16. seo company buffalo ny on Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:49 am

seo company buffalo ny

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

17. Find Out More on Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Find Out More

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

18. Arizona SEO on Friday, April 29, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Arizona SEO

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

19. automotive digital marketing on Friday, April 29, 2016 at 11:25 pm

automotive digital marketing

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

20. similar webpage on Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 12:17 am

similar webpage

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

21. VIDEOGRAPHER,Videography Boston, videography Waltham, wedding video services, the knot, wedding vows, wedding video tutorial, wedding filming, wedding filming prices, wedding filming packages, wedding invitations, wedding rings, weddingwire, Wedding…

22. cheap jerseys enterprise on Monday, June 6, 2016 at 1:48 pm

cheap jerseys enterprise

global literatures spring 2011 › WEEK 8

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *